After we made some great gains in coding with students during the Olympics, I thought it would be awesome to capitalize on that momentum and create some challenges for March Madness.
In this round of possible centers you can use our Dash and Dot robots and the ScratchJR app by trying out:
- Spelling Word Shootout - Play a game of H-O-R-S-E using the Dash launcher
- 3-2-1 Challenge - earn as many points as you can with the Dash launcher shooting a 3 point shot, lay-up and a foul shout. Students have 3 minutes to get as many points as they can. They could even get in a little practice with addition and writing number stories.
- Dash Spirit Band - Use Dash with the Xylophone attachment to create a song that will pump up the crowd. You could also encourage invention by challenging students to create their own instruments that Dash can play.
- Dot Cheer - Show your team spirit by coding Dot to cheer. Include custom sounds to add rhyme, repetition, and change the colors.
- ScratchJR - Code a basketball game using ScratchJR. Students should have at least two players, four different scenes and include writing.
Grab your own copy of the template here.
To go along with the activities I also have a half court 24 in by 24 in poster that can be printed.