|Two days before school|
|Yup, the day before school|
We didn’t finish.
I wasn’t involved in the planning of the space because I wasn’t hired until after, but this is what I’ve learned from the experience so far:
· When planning on new furniture in a library measure the existing shelving space to ensure that enough replacement shelving is ordered
· Give yourself some flexibility – we now have “floating” shelving units on casters that make it easy for two adults to move the unit
· Consider seating arrangement – how do you want your library classroom to be set up so that everyone can see the technology being used?
|The nearly finished product|
· From the circulation desk, do you have a clear view of all areas of the library – if not, how can you minimize your blind spots – through the use of mirrors, arrangement of shelving etc.
· What furniture/storage pieces will you need for student materials, classroom instruction, etc?